Saturday, April 17, 2010

Girl Power: Paper Butterfly Wall Decor (PB Inspired)

I fell in love with these cute little butterflies from Pottery Barn Kids. My lil sweet pea has a Pottery Barn Kids quilt in her room and she loves butterflies so I thought it would be perfect!


So I decided to give it a try:

I printed out a butterfly pattern on my two sided paper (Amy Butler K&Co).


I cut out the pattern inside the lines so they would now show on the final product. Using a boning tool, I folded up the wings to give it a 3-D look.


Then I flipped my butterfly over and applied double sided tape.


I found the perfect spot on the wall in my sweet pea's room and applied my beautiful swallowtail butterfly!


Here is what I did:

Supplies
2-sided scrap bookpaper (good quality thick paper)
scissors
boning tool
double sided tape

1) Choose coordinating scrapbook papers to match your room decor.

2) Print out the pattern. ***This pattern is set to print on 12x12 scrapbook paper so make sure to check the box "scale to fit" to your paper size if you are using 8.5x11 letter sized paper.

3) Cut out your butterflies right inside the lines so they do not show in final product.

4) Using a boning tool, gently fold up the two sides of the wings where they meet the body of the butterfly. This gives the 3-D appearance you are going for. It looks like the butterfly just landed on your wall.

5) Remove one side of double stick tape and apply to back of body of your butterfly.

6) Determine spot on your wall and peel and stick your butterfly right on.

They look really cute in a little cluster. You can reduce the print size of your image in print set-up area to make 3 different sizes like PB if you wish.

~ Enjoy :)

The Girl CreativeMaking

5 comments:

  1. How attractive butterflies are looking. They are increasing attraction.

    toronto home renovations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I really like that idea..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love this! Super cute! I would love it if you linked up to my Talk About it Tuesday party because you have such cute ideas!

    http://bloggerchixdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/04/im-currently-reading-marketing-book.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by.. Have a wonderful day..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I saw these on the PB site today, but I wasn't loving the pattern on the paper. I found you blog while searching the internet on how to do this project myself. You make it sound pretty easy, even for a craft novice like myself. Thanks so much for helping me get closer to completing my little girl's nursery!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment! It puts a big smile on my face when I read all your special words! Have a beautiful day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails